Data Protection Policy
Sec. 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) This section provides information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is defined as any information that refers to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Gröninger Antriebstechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Alte Str. 9, 72631 Aichtal, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 7127 / 9606380
Fax: +49 (0) 7127 / 9606385
(see our imprint for further information). You may contact our data protection officer at our postal address, adding „data protection officer“ or write in accordance with our contact details stated in Sec. 14.
(3) If, due to specific functions of our offer we need to refer to commissioned service providers or wish to use your data for commercial purposes, we inform you below in detail concerning respective processes stating, at the same time, defined criteria of the storage period.
Sec. 2 Your rights
(1) With regard to our company and your personal data, you have the following rights:
- The right of information
- The right to correction or deletion
- The right to restriction or processing
- The right to object against processing
- The right to data portability
(2) In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us with any data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data. A competent authority is
The State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg
P.O. Box 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart
Königstraße 10a, 70173 Stuttgart
Tel.: 0711/61 55 41 – 0
Fax: 0711/61 55 41 – 15
Sec. 3 Collection of personal data on visiting our website
(1) If the website is used for merely informational purposes i.e. you do not register on the website or send us other information, we inherit only those personal data that your browser transmits to our server. On visiting our website, we collect the following data which are technically required for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of inquiry
- Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Request content (defined page)
- Access status/http status code
- Respective data volume transmitted
- Website making the request
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and browser software version
(2) When using our website, and in addition to the above mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which, on your hard drive, are stored after being allocated to the browser you use and by which the site placing the cookie (i.e. us) has certain information sent back to it. Cookies cannot execute any programs nor transfer any viruses onto your computer. Their purpose is to make your online presence overall more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies whose size and functionalities are explained as follows:
- Transient cookies (refer to b)
- Persistent cookies (refer to c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted as you close the browser. This includes especially session cookies which store a so-called session ID. Various requests of your browser may be allocated to the joint session by way of session IDs. This facilitates recognition of your computer on your return to our website. Session cookies are deleted as you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time, subject to the cookie in use. You may delete any cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) Your browser settings may be configured as you wish and can, for example, refuse acceptance of third party cookies or any cookies. We should like to point out that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) Flash cookies in use are not captured by your browser but by your flash plug-In. In addition, we use HTML5 storage objects that are filed on your terminal. These objects without automatic expiry dates store the required data irrespective of your browser in use. If you are not interested in the processing of flash cookies, you must install a corresponding add-on, e.g. „Better Privacy“ for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You may prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by introducing the private mode into your browser. In addition, we recommend regular manual deletion of your cookies and browsing history.
Sec. 4 Further website functions and offers, purposes of data use
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website we offer various services you may use if interested. As a rule, this requires you to state further personal data which are used by us to provide our respective services. The aforesaid principles of data processing shall apply to such personal data.
(2) In addition to the above mentioned data we collect and store all Information clients key into the website or transmit to us in other ways. Examples of such data are:
- VAT ID no.
- name of customer
(3) We also use these data to communicate with customers about products, services and orders. We furthermore update company records and customer accounts with these data and uses them to recommend products or services to potentially interested company customers. We also use information to enhance our online presence, to prevent any abuse and fraud or to reveal them, or to enable third parties to execute any technical, logistic or other services on behalf of us. Data are also used to store shopping baskets or order templates, placing them at the customers’ disposal for any new use.
(4) Only if customers have previously granted their consent or, as far as this is legally permissible, if no objection was raised, we also use these data for product related surveys and marketing purposes.
(5) We partly use external service providers for the processing of your data. Those providers are carefully selected and commissioned by us. They are bound to our directives and are regularly monitored.
(6) We may, moreover, transmit your personal data to third parties for the purpose of sales actions, winning games, signing of contracts or similar services we offer jointly with our partners. Detailed information may be found below in the description of the offer or will be sent to you on leaving your personal data with us.
(7) Inasmuch as our service providers or partners are headquartered in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we are going to keep you informed about any consequences of these circumstances in the description of our offer.
Sec. 5 Objection or revocation against processing of your data
(1) If you have granted your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke your consent at any time. Such revocation will impact the processing admissibility of your personal data after stating it.
(2) You may object against the processing inasmuch as we base the processing of personal data on a balance of interests. This would be the case if processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you; this is outlined in detail in the following description of functions. On objecting we would request a statement of reasons as to why our company may not process personal data as usual. In the event of your justified objection, we shall look into the matter and will either terminate or adjust data processing, or explain to you our compelling and legitimate grounds as to why processing will be continued.
(3) You may, of course, object at any time against the processing of your personal data for advertising or data analysis purposes. You may send your objection against advertising to the following address: [all contact data].
Sec. 6 Contact form and e-mail contact
There is a contact form on our website which can be used for electronic contact. If a user takes advantage of this possibility, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored. This data is:
Title, first name, last name, company, department, customer number, address (street, house number, postcode, city, country), e-mail address, fax, telephone, subject and message.
At the time the message is sent, the user's IP address and the date and time of transmission are also stored.
Alternatively, you can contact us via the e-mail address provided. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted by e-mail will be stored.
In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
The legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO if the user has given his consent.
The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 exp. 1 lit. b DSGVO. the processing of the personal data from the input mask serves us alone for the treatment of the establishment of contact. In the event of contact by e-mail, this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data. The other personal data processed during the sending process serve to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those that were sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user is finished. The conversation is terminated when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified.
The additional personal data collected during the sending process will be deleted after a period of seven days at the latest.
Sec. 6a Service providers: hosting and operation of the website, technical service providers
In the context of contract processing, the data is stored on the servers of the service provider, 1&1 Internet SE, Elgendorfer Str. 57, 56410 Montabaur. An order processing contract is concluded.
Sec. 7 Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service. Provider is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
If individual pages of our website are accessed, the following data is stored:
(1) shortened IP address of the user's calling system (This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIP()", so that the IP addresses are processed further only shortened in order to exclude a direct personal relationship. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
(2) The accessed website
(3) The website from which the user has accessed the accessed website (referrer)
(4) The sub-pages accessed from the accessed website
(5) The time spent on the website
(6) The frequency with which the website is accessed
Duration of storage: 1 year. Justification of the use takes place via Sec. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO, our legitimate interest: The processing of users' personal data enables us to analyse the surfing behaviour of our users. We are in a position to compile information about the use of the individual components of our website by evaluating the data obtained. This helps us to continuously improve our website and its user-friendliness. For these purposes, it is also in our legitimate interest to process the data in accordance with Sec. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. By anonymizing the IP address and concluding an order processing contract, users' interest in protecting their personal data is taken into account.
Sec. 7a Integration of YouTube videos
The service DoubleClick from Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google") is used for the integration.
The ad settings let users decide which Google ads you see. You can also deactivate the personalization of ads. Even if you disable ad personalization, you may still see ads based on factors such as your approximate location, which is derived from your IP address, browser type, and recently used search terms.
You can also manage the cookies of many companies that are used for online advertising. To do this, use the corresponding user tools that have been created as part of self-regulation programmes in many countries, e.g. the US site aboutads.info choices or the EU site Your Online Choices.
Further information on data use can be found on the following page: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=en
Sec. 7b Google Maps
Sec. 8 Storage period of personal data
Unless stated to the contrary, the criterion decisive for our stipulating of storage periods is the respective statutory safekeeping period. Data are deleted after such period has expired, provided they are no longer needed for contract performance or contract initiation.
Sec. 9 Legal or contractual rules on the provision of personal data
The provision of personal data is partly prescribed by law, e.g. tax regulations, or may be the result of contractual arrangements (e.g. statements concerning a contractual party). When signing a contract it may sometimes be necessary for data subjects to place their personal data at our disposal which, at a later stage, need to be processed by our company. For example, the data subject may be under obligation to make personal data available to us when our company signs a contract with them. A consequence of non-provision of personal data would be that no contract might be signed with the data subject. Data subjects must contact a member of our staff prior to such person making personal data available. In every individual case, our employee will advise data subjects if the provision of personal data is legally or contractually prescribed or required for signing a contract. He will also inform on possibly existing obligations to provide personal data and possible consequences of not providing personal data.
Sec. 10 Automated decision-making
There will be no automated decision-making or profiling.
Sec. 11 Legal basis of data processing
Art. 6 (I) lit. a GDPR is our legal basis for processing procedures that require us to obtain consent for specific processing purposes, especially registrations with newsletters. In the event that processing of personal data is required for contract compliance involving the data subject as the contractual partner, the processing of data is based on art. 6 (I) lit. b GDPR. As an example, this is the case with processing procedures that are necessary for the delivery of goods or the performance of a service or return service. The same legal basis also covers processing procedures needed to carry out pre-contractual measures, e.g. upon queries concerning our products or services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation requiring the processing of personal data, e.g. compliance with tax-related duties, processing shall be based on art. 6 (I) lit. c GDPR.
Sec. 12 Legal basis as per art. 6 (I) lit. f GDPR, our legitimate interests in processing
Processing procedures may ultimately be based on art. 6 (I) lit. f GDPR. Processing procedures not captured by any of the legal principles stated in Sec.14 rest on this legal basis, if the processing is required to protect a legitimate interest of our company or of a third party, providing the interest, fundamental rights and freedoms of data subjects do not prevail. A legitimate interest could be assumed, if the data subject is a customer of the person responsible (Recital 47 sentence 2 GDPR).
If the processing of any personal data takes place on the basis of art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, our legitimate interest will be the performance of our business activity.
Sec. 13 Further information
The customer is aware that, in light of the current state of technology, no full data protection can yet be guaranteed in data transmissions via internet. As a result, and in terms of security of any data posted on the internet, the client takes full responsibility. For this reason, data subjects are at liberty to transmit their data to us via alternative options, e.g. per telephone.
Sec. 14 Contact with us
We place great value on our user‘s trust. That is why we are glad to answer any questions regarding the processing of personal data. For any queries not sufficiently dealt with in this data protection declaration or if customers request further in-depth information, please contact us. Please also contact us if you become aware of or suspect any personal data breaches brought about by our company.